As an authorized individual, you will need to create your own FollowMyHealth Universal Health Record (UHR) in preparation for accepting the invitation.
- Your account does not have to be connected to a medical organization, but you will need your own login for FollowMyHealth.
- You will be provided the opportunity to create your own login while accepting the invitation.
- If you already have your own FollowMyHealth UHR, you are ready for the invitation!
1. Begin by clicking on the registration link provided in the proxy invitation email. This will bring up a screen that looks like the first image below.
- If you already have your own FollowMyHealth UHR, select "Already a FollowMyHealth user? Sign in and add this connection." and log in with YOUR FollowMyHealth account.
- If you need to set up your FollowMyHealth login, select "First time using FollowMyHealth? Sign Up and Connect" and begin filling in YOUR personal information as the authorized individual (see images below).
2. Once you have logged in successfully, you will be presented with a series of 4 steps to complete the account connection. Step 1: Welcome appears first. Click "Next".
3. Enter the invitation code that was communicated to you. If you don't know your invitation code, please refer to the email invitation you received, or contact the medical organization. Once you enter the code in the appropriate box, click "Next".
4. Next, you will need to accept the Authorized Individual Acceptance - Full Access or Read Only to confirm you have the right to access the patient's information.
5. Lastly, the Authorized Individual Authorization must be accepted, granting the authorized individual's access to the patient's records.
6. You're done! If you already have our free FMH Mobile application, you can open it from the screen shown below to sign in, or you can tap the other button to go to the App Store (for Apple devices) or Play Store (for Android devices) to download it.
Once you log in through the FMH Mobile app, you will be able to switch between your UHR and any additional UHRs to which you have proxy access. Below is how you can access the proxy account based on your device.
To access the proxy account, tap on your name at the top and then you can choose the name of the person that you have proxy access to.
To access the proxy account, tap on Accounts at the top left and then you can choose the name of the person that you have proxy access to.