12 May Do I have to download the mobile app to join an on-demand Video Visit?
Some organizations allow you to join an on-demand Video Visit without a FollowMyHealth account. When joining from your mobile device, you’ll be prompted to download the FollowMyHealth mobile app before joining the visit. If you’re having trouble downloading the mobile app, read this article. Once downloaded, you’ll simply return to your browser and tap “Next.” There’s no need to open the app, log in or sign up for an account. We’ll take care of everything for you. Here’s how it works!
- Depending on your organization, there are a few ways you can join your provider’s virtual waiting room. You may receive a text message with a link or join from a website or social media platform. Click the link to get started.
- Once you click on the link, read through the information from your healthcare provider. It will look similar to the below, but customized by your healthcare organization. Once ready, tap “Get Started.”
- If you do not have the mobile app installed on your device, you will be prompted to download the app. Tap the icon for the App Store. (Also available on Google Play Store).
- Once either the App Store or Google Play Store opens, download the app.
- Once downloaded, return to your mobile browser.
- Tap next. The session will then open the app and allow you to continue.
- Make sure to grant the app access to your microphone and camera.
9. Some reasons for visit may include a form. If prompted, fill out the information for your healthcare provider. When finished, tap “Next.” If you do not see a form, skip to step 10.
- Fill out your information to tell your healthcare provider who you are.
- You will then be taken into a “Virtual Waiting Room” until your visit starts. Be sure to stay on this screen.
- When your provider is ready for you, you’ll be able to tap “Join Visit.”
- From there, you’ll be able to see and talk to your provider face-to-face.