FollowMyHealth® allows you to receive SMS (text message) notifications to your cellular device regarding updates that are made to your account. SMS notifications are similar to the email notifications that you may already be receiving.
If you do not want to receive notifications by text message, you can disregard this feature.
How to verify your cell phone:
1. While logged in to FollowMyHealth, click on My Account in the top right corner.
2. From the drop down list, select "Preferences".
3. In Preferences, select the "Notification Preferences" section, followed by "Add a Cell Phone number" (see image below).
4. Enter your cell phone number into the Cell Phone field, select your Cell Phone Carrier from the provided list, and select Verify Cell Phone*.
5. After you receive the SMS containing your 4 digit Validation Code, enter your code and click Verify Cell Phone. Please see image below:
After your cell phone has been validated, you can select which notifications you would like to receive by checking the "Text Message" box under each category in the "Notification Preferences" section.
This feature is only available for cellular devices and may not work with some online SMS services.
*Standard rates will apply for sending this, and other text messages from the FollowMyHealth Universal Health Record.
Similar to your e-mail account recognizing certain types of messages as SPAM, your mobile network may be automatically blocking these text messages due to certain criteria. If you continuously fail to receive text messages, please contact the support desk for your specific mobile carrier.